Consistently follow labeling and packaging requirements established by the customer by setting up, completing set-ups, running, and following proper shut down procedures of the slitting machine. Safely produce high quality coils while producing minimal waste in an efficient manner while maximizing run speeds.
- 3 years of prior manufacturing experience working on a slitting machine is preferred
- Technically inclined, can quickly understand various control panels and instrumentation
- Forklift experience preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English
- Ability to calculate basic math functions
- Ability to understand, follow, and apply information from written instruction sheets
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with other production team members
- Technically understand and manipulate various control panels and instrumentation data to ensure that slitting machinery is performing accurately and safely
- Load and align steel coils within the proper setting tolerance requirements
- Set up slitting knives to proper width and set up the slitting line for processing of material
- Reduce waste and scrap levels of machinery by maintaining appropriate settings
- Perform appropriate quality checks to ensure finished products meet customer needs
- Safely handle all material, finished products and packing material within the production site to ensure proper packing requirements
- Band coils and move coils to designated areas
- Perform general maintenance and lubrication and repair of the slitter/CTL
- Assist personnel for equipment repair and troubleshooting as may be assigned
- Keep records of production data
- Assist in various day to day tasks
Job duties also include extensive bending, lifting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, sitting and standing for extended periods of times.
A strong candidate will have a history of successful employment, a valid driver’s license, great attendance, be reliable and dependable, and have a positive attitude with a willingness to learn new skills.
CMG offers competitive wages, weekly paychecks, and benefits.
To apply for this position, please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org